Comprehensive Estate Planning Strategies
When it comes time to create or update an estate plan, there are numerous considerations involved. With the varying legal instruments and laws regulating estate plans, you want to be sure to create a plan that will transfer your wealth and your legacy according to your wishes.
The most important piece of advice for someone creating an estate plan is to get help from a professional. There is too much at stake for you to try handling this on your own, with do-it-yourself online forms or with an inexperienced lawyer.
At Stepanian & Menchyk LLP, we have been helping clients with their estate planning needs for more than 50 years. We take a personal interest in understanding our clients’ needs and helping them create comprehensive estate plans that will get the results they need.
Handling All Aspects Of Your Estate Plan
With every aspect of estate planning, there are many complications and potential pitfalls. Because of our more than 50 years of experience as a law firm, we are well-versed in the laws and procedures involved with every aspect of estate planning. We can provide you with sound counsel so you know your options and can make the best decisions for yourself and your family, including with the following components:
- Last wills and testaments: The will is the foundational document, critical for ensuring that, upon your death, your assets and property are distributed in accordance with your desires.
- Estate administration and probate: In addition to helping clients create their estate plans, our lawyers help clients through the estate administration and probate processes.
- Powers of attorney: Establishing a power of attorney is a legal way of granting someone you trust the authority to act on your behalf in the event that you become unable to do so yourself.
- Living wills: A living will, also known as an advance health care directive, is a document that articulates your wishes regarding your medical care in the event that you become unable to make decisions or articulate your wishes in the future.
- Special needs trusts and planning: Our lawyers are well-versed in helping families create comprehensive estate planning strategies and special needs trusts for children or other loved ones with special needs.
- Trusts: A trust is another document for conveying your assets. A trust operates differently than a will, however, in that it gives you more control over how and when your assets are transferred. There can be numerous benefits to using trust documents and there are various trust options to suit your needs.
- Guardianships: We help clients establish guardianships for minor children or adults who because of age or incapacity are not capable of providing for their own needs or are not capable of handling their own financial affairs.
We serve clients from all walks of life, from young couples looking to create their first simple will to couples nearing retirement age looking for strategies to pass on considerable, diversified wealth. Whatever your estate planning needs, our attorneys can help you.
Contact Stepanian & Menchyk LLP
To discuss your estate planning needs with an attorney from our firm, call 724-285-1717 or contact us online.